Provides general legal services to the business operations of Fort Bend County and legal advice and assistance to all county officials and employees in the following areas:
- Attend the meetings of the Commissioners Court and various county boards and committees.
- Provide legal opinions to the members of Commissioners Court and other county officials relating to the performance of their official duties.
- Assist in drafting county policies and procedures.
- Draft and review proposed contracts and advise the Commissioners Court, county departments, and elected officials with regards to contract interpretation and administration.
- Provide legal services with respect to real property transactions by the County including sale, purchase, and leasing of real property and the acquisition of easements, right of ways, and road dedications.
- Support County legislative initiatives, draft proposed legislation and advise the Commissioners Court and county officials regarding other proposed and recently enacted legislation affecting the County.
- Support Citizen Advisory Committee on Redistricting.
- Marcus D. Spencer – First Assistant County Attorney
- Michelle T. Rangel – Chief, General Counsel Division
- Matthew L. Grove – Assistant County Attorney, General Counsel
- Huma N. Ahmed – Assistant County Attorney, General Counsel