Represent the County, the Commissioners Court and County officials and employees in all lawsuits, EEOC claims, legal claims and administrative actions involving the County. The duties include the following:
- Represent the County in civil lawsuits filed against the County and/or its officials in state and federal court.
- Represent departments and elected officials in proceedings before the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and other state/federal agencies.
- Evaluate claims and lawsuits filed against the County by gathering documents and interviewing witnesses, determine liability and potential damages.
- Randall W. (Randy) Morse – First Assistant, Litigation
- Joe W. Cox – Assistant County Attorney, Litigation
- Tamecia S. Glover - Assistant County Attorney, Litigation
- Kevin T. Hedges – Assistant County Attorney, Litigation
- Sal P. LoPiccolo, II – Assistant County Attorney, Litigation