The County Courthouse was built in 1908 at a cost of $75,000.00 with the land purchased for $6750.00. The courthouse was dedicated on January 1909. An addition was added in 1935, and again in 1957 which completed the present courthouse building. In 1980, the 1909 Courthouse was accepted for listing in the National Register of Historic Places, the first structure in Fort Bend County to receive such an honor. Between 1980 and 1981, the entire Courthouse was renovated to its original grandeur at a cost of $3 million. Since that time, windows have been replaced using a state highway grant. In 2009, the county celebrated the courthouse's 100th birthday. The courthouse underwent historic restoration from 2012 to 2013.