Expand All / Contract All
What do I need to bring with me to the polls to vote?
You must now present one of the following forms of photo ID when voting in person:
- Texas Drivers License issued by DPS
- Texas Personal Identification card issued by DPS
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas Handgun License issue by DPS
- United States Military ID containing your photograph
- ID issued by the Department of Veterans Affairs containing your photograph
- United States Citizenship Certificate containing your photograph
- United States Passport
Most ID’s must have a valid expiration date and may not have been expired more than 60 days. Photo ID is not required when voting by mail and certain individuals may be exempt based upon disability or religious objections to being photographed. Contact Fort Bend County Elections at 281-341-8670, email email@example.com , or visit www.fortbendvotes.org for more information.
If I send my registration by the deadline, what happens next?
Your voter registration becomes effective 30 days after it is submitted (and accepted) by the county voter registrar. Our office will then put your name on the voter registration list, generate your voter certificate and mail it to you. Once received, be sure to read the information on the back of the certificate, sign by the X on the "front" of the current card and keep your voter card in a safe place. This is what you will take with you to the polls to vote. Note that as long as your name is on the voter list, you may vote without presenting this certificate, but you must provide another form of identification. If your original application is missing required information, you will receive a notice in the mail and have a deadline to respond to the notice.
I’m not sure if I’m registered; how can I confirm my voter registration status?
You can confirm your registration status on this website by going to Voter Registration Database Search, where you will select one of three methods for conducting your search. You can base your search on:
- Your last, first name and your date of birth.
- Your Unique Identifier (VUID), which appears on your voter registration certificate.
- Your last and first name.