The Development Permit is for development or construction including work such as re-grading, drainage modifications, on-site sewage facilities, water wells, signing, changes in land use, building construction, or building modifications.
- APPLICATION FEE
- Single Family Residential: $60.00
- Single Family Residential, (Special Flood Hazard Area): $110.00
- Other, (Platted): $60.00
- Other, (Unplatted): $210.00
- Development Permit Fees do not include other Local, State, and Federal agency permit and review fees as applicable.
- With this application, include:
- For single lot minor re-grading operations that do not impact drainage of adjoining property owners:
- For new single family residential building construction and associated minor re-grading on platted single lots with a previously approved subdivision plan; does not include drainage modifications, on-site sewage facilities, water wells, signing, changes in land use, or building modifications.
- Site plan for the location
- For all other development or construction:
- Site plan and/or survey from a Registered Professional Land Surveyor
- Deed or other proof of ownership of the property
- Metes and bounds description of the property
- Approvals and Permits from other Local, State, and Federal Agencies
- Mitigation plan for all development on the property (if in an Area of Special Flood Hazard)
- Construction Drawings
The Lease Build-Out Form is for build-out of an area that is leased or intended to be leased and does not include drainage modifications, on-site sewage facilities, water wells, signing, changes in land use, or additional building construction.
Power Release and Change of Address
Once your Development Permit is submitted, you may need to request release of electric service or update the physical address for your permit through the MyGovernmentOnline customer portal.
Release of Power Request
To request release of temporary or permanent electric service upon approval of a Development Permit. You may select only one type of power release (temporary or permanent) per request.
APPLICATION FEE: No Charge (Included with Development Permit or Lease Build-Out)
Where an on-site sewer facility (septic system) is not part of the work:
Temporary meters: Submit request when the Development Permit is issued.
Permanent meters: Submit request once the Development Permit is issued, upon request by the applicant.
Where an on-site sewer facility (septic system) is part of the work:
Temporary meters: Submit request upon approval of septic plans by the Fort Bend County Health Department.
Permanent meters: Submit request upon final inspection of installed septic facilities per the Fort Bend County Health Department.
Change of Address Form
For address changes while a Development Permit application is actively under review.
Other Permit Requirements
The owner is responsible for compliance with all applicable Regulations and permit requirements of other Local, State, and Federal agencies before issuance of a Development Permit. Other applicable approvals may include, but are not limited to:
Do you have any questions about Permits or need more information? Contact Us!