The mission of the Fort Bend County Air Support is to equip, train and staff aerial assets to provide an additional level of safety to the men and women serving as Law Enforcement Officers (LEOs), Fire Fighters and Emergency Medical personnel and the citizens of Fort Bend County Texas.
What do we propose to do:
- We will use aircraft in order to enhance the safety of the Peace Officers, Fire Fighters, Emergency Medical Personnel and all the Citizens of Fort Bend County.
- As professionals within a profession; We utilize our skills and tactics, to achieve our mission and return to our homes safely.
- Officer in Distress calls (Assist the Officer)
- Active shooter
- Automobile pursuit
- Foot pursuit
- In progress calls such as robbery or burglary in progress
- High progress calls such as hold up alarms
- Missing/Lost Persons
- Regional Assistance
This 1971 Bell Helicopter model OH58A came to us from the Arizona National Guard by way of the Texas DPS 1033 surplus program. This is the military version of the famous Bell Jet Ranger model 206. This observation helicopter has been improved by adding modern aircraft navigation and communication radios and state of the art police tactical radios that are capable of talking to virtually any Department in the Gulf Coast Region.
|Empty weight 1975 pounds
||Max gross 3200 pounds
|Fuel burn is 22 GPH
||Endurance 3.3 hours
|Full fuel is 71 gallons weighing 471 pounds
||Capable of carrying (4) people
|Minimum crew of one, normal crew of two
||Normal cruise speed is 100 knots (115 mph)