Dismissal Of Violations Regarding Inspection Sticker, License Registration, Expired Driver’s License
Effective For Offenses On Or After September 1, 2007
The following offenses may be dismissed with a $20.00 administrative fee if it meets the following criteria and with proof of correction is submitted.
- Change of Address or change name on drivers license : license must be renewed to reflect appropriate address or name within 20 days or before first court date.
- Expired Vehicle Registration: renew within 20 days from the date of the ticket or before the first court appearance, whichever is later and pay penalty fee for late registration to County tax office.
- Expired Motor Vehicle Inspection (MVI): renew within 20 days or before first court date and inspection sticker must not have been expired more than 60 days.
The following offenses may be dismissed with a $10.00 administrative fee if it meets the following criteria and with proof of correction is submitted.
- Expired Drivers License: renew within 20 days from violation or before first court appearance.
- Fail to Display Drivers License: dismiss with proof of valid driver’s license.
- Violate Driver’s License Restriction: remove restriction before first court appearance or surgically correct before offense date.
- Registration not on vehicle/Operate Motor Vehicle without License Plate or with one license plate: place tag on license plate or place license plate on vehicle before first court appearance.
- Obscure or Unclean License Plate: remove obstruction and/or clean plate before first court appearance.
- Defective Equipment: correct violation before first court appearance. This does not apply to Commercial Motor Vehicles.
Administrative fee is due at time of dismissal.