In order to better serve the voters of Fort Bend County the Office of Election Administration will be CLOSED Monday - Wednesday, July 11 - 13, 2016 to allow departmental staff to attend Election Law training conducted by the Texas Secretary of State. The office will resume normal hours on Thursday, July 14, 2016.
The Fort Bend County Elections Administrator conducts Federal, State, and County elections. The Election Administrator also conducts elections for other governmental entities that may contract with the County for election services.
Conducting elections includes, but is not limited to:
- Input to and maintenance of voter registration database.
- Training and supervision of precinct judges, early voting judges and central counting station personnel.
- Administration of early voting in person and early voting by mail.
- Supervision of balloting.
- Supervision of tabulation and preparation of final canvassing reports.
- The Elections Administrator preserves voter registration applications, official election documents and candidate campaign disclosures.