Services Offered By the Veterans Service Office
- Inform veterans, dependents and survivors about benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Home visits to the elderly and disabled.
- Completion of various VA forms from education to burial benefits.
These documents should be kept in a safe place:
- Original DD-214/Separation Documents (can be recorded at the County Clerk's Office or Request Your Military Service Records Online).
- Marriage License.
- Divorce Decree / Death Records or prior marriage(s) for self or current spouse. If the name of each prior spouse is not available, the date of divorce / death should be written down.
- Birth Certificates of children or Adoption Decrees.
- Social Security numbers for yourself, spouse and children.
State of Texas Benefits
- Land Program of 5 acres or more
- Housing Assistance Loan
- Home Improvement Loan
- Education (Hazelwood Act)
Wartime Service Dates
- World War II - 12/07/1941 through 12/31/1946
- Korean War - 06/27/1950 through 01/31/1955
- Vietnam Era - 08/05/1964 (02/28/1961 for veterans who served "In Country" before 08/05/1964) through 06/07/1975
- Gulf War - 08/02/1990 through a date to be set by law or a Presidential Proclamation
Last updated: 1/29/2015 2:37:13 PM