The Department of Health & Human Services is Fort Bend County's principal agency for protecting the health of county residents and providing essential human services, especially for those who are least able to help themselves. The Department includes six subordinate departments and one program, covering a wide spectrum of activities.
For more information, please visit the Health & Human Service's Public Information website http://www.fortbendcountyhhs.com.
Departments within the Health & Human Services Agency
- Animal Services - The purpose of the animal control department is to control and ultimately eradicate the spread of rabies among domestic animals and humans. For specific information about programs and services, please visit our site.
- Clinical Health Services - Fort Bend County Clinical Health Services Department provides clinical services in the core public health areas of STD treatment; tuberculosis prevention, diagnosis and treatment; and provision of childhood and adult immunizations. For specific information about programs and services, please visit our site.
- E.M.S. - Fort Bend County Emergency Medical Service provides 24 hour a day emergency medical care to the residents of Fort Bend County. Please click on the links below to learn more.
- Environmental Health - The Environmental Health Department offers a variety of services and assistance to the Fort Bend county community. Listed below is basic information about these services that are provided. Please click on the links below to learn more.
- Public Health Preparedness - Public Health Preparedness (PHP) program is part of Fort Bend County Health and Human Services and coordinates planning and program development within the County. PHP works with local and state officials, local partners, and private industry to develop workable solutions to protect the public health of Fort Bend County residents from the impact of natural or man-made emergencies. It is PHP's mission to improve county response capabilities through all hazards planning, disease surveillance and epidemiology, public information, and community development.
- Social Services - The Social Services Department is charged with helping County residents in need of basic assistance with food, shelter, medication, utilities, burial, transportation and case management. For specific information regarding the services available and eligibility requirements, please visit the Social Services site.
- Veterans Service Office - There are a variety of services made available to veterans through the Veterans Services department. Click the services link below to find out more.