Military Discharge

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The military encourages personnel to file their official discharge with the County Clerk in the county of residence. This includes members of the United States armed forces, the United States armed forces reserve, or armed forces auxiliary. 

  • Texas Local Government Code, Sec. 192.002 authorizes the County Clerk to file the military discharge at no cost. 
  • By filing the military discharge form in the public records, a permanent record is maintained for future proof of service for veterans' benefits. The original is returned to the owner after recording. 
  • The military discharge record per Texas Government Code, Sec. 552.140 (a) (b) is confidential for 75 years from the day it is recorded if filed on or after September 1, 2003. 
  • Discharge records, by law will only be released to qualified applicants per Texas Government Code, Sec. 552.140.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer