Filing Fee for Plats
There is a $155.00 filing fee for the first page and $144.00 for each additional page.
For Subdivision Plat fees, please see the Fees page.
Note: Plat recording cut off time is 3:30 PM.
Items required to file a plat in order to comply with state statutes and ensure quality plat records:
- 24" x 36" plat size
- Drawings, printing, and signatures must be in permanent black ink camera positive
- Ink may be on Mylar or bond paper with image on top
- Three (3) mil or greater matte finish Mylar material or bond paper that does not exceed 24 lb.
- An engineering or surveying firm must prepare the plat.
- Architectural plans are not accepted.
- The engineering or surveying firms' name, address, signature, and seal
- Owner's printed name and notarized signature
- Key Map reference
- Provide one or more originals of each plat page.
- The clerk will retain one original and return it to the filer within five (5) business days after recording and scanning.
- Provide adequate space for the Clerk's certificate information including: "Filed in Plat No. ________ of the Plat Records of Fort Bend County, Texas".
This must be preprinted on the plat:
I, LAURA, RICHARD, COUNTY CLERK IN AND FOR FORT BEND COUNTY, HEREBY CERTIFY THAT THE FOREGOING INSTRUMENT WITH ITS CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICATION WAS FILED FOR RECORDATION IN MY OFFICE ON ______, 20__, AT _____O'CLOCK __M. IN PLAT NUMBER ____ OF FORT BEND COUNTY
- Provide adequate space for the clerk's recording label which is 3 ½" by 4".
- Municipal approved plats must include the following or similar wording: "All of the property subdivided in the foregoing plat is within the incorporated boundaries of the City of _________________, Texas".
- Current original tax certificates from all the property's tax entities.
- A letter on letterhead from the person or company filing that lists all taxing entities and states it is a complete list.
- The signer must print their name and title under their signature.
- Per Property Code 12.002(e), plats filed after September 1st of a year must be submitted with a current year tax receipt issued by each taxing unit with jurisdiction or statement indicating taxes have not been calculated.
- If tax certificate does not cover the preceding year, a tax receipt indicating the previous year's tax has been paid must be attached.
Note: A plat will be rejected if any of the requirements listed above are not met. If you have any questions prior to submitting, please contact the Recording Department of the County Clerk.