Right of Way and Driveway Permits

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Right of Way Permits

Anyone proposing to lay, construct, maintain and/or repair cable, conduit and/or pole lines in, under, across, or along roads, streets, highways and/or drainage ditches in Fort Bend County should apply for a Right of Way Permit. The permit can be applied for online at www.mygovernmentonline.org.


Driveway Permits

For any residential or ag-exempt property needing an open-ditch driveway connection, the Fort Bend County Road and Bridge Department can assist in installing a basic gravel driveway connection. Please contact them at (281) 342-4513 for further details.

For all other driveway connections to County maintained roads, a Driveway Permit must be applied for online at www.mygovernmentonline.org. The driveway installation contractor must submit a $5,000 performance bond to the Fort Bend County Engineering office (only originals accepted). See the “Letters and Forms” section for a copy of the County bond form.



  • Driveway: $150.00
  • Median Opening and Turn Lanes: $150.00
  • Right of Way: No Fee