James Patterson, Commissioner Precinct 4
Commissioner Patterson’s duties include county-wide and precinct responsibilities -among them are:
- Assist the Budget Officer and all budget managers with budget preparation.
- Adopt the County budget and set the tax rate
- Hire County non-elected officials
- Fill appointed vacancies.
- Establish voting precincts, appoint precinct judges and call County bond elections.
- Let contracts and authorize payment of all County bills.
- Build, manage and improve County facilities including jails
- Provide health and welfare assistance for indigent people
- Provide for the data service and archival needs of the County.
- Enter into interlocal agreements.
Some of the areas that Commissioner Patterson is working to improve include:
- Mobility and transportation planning
- Water and sewer service for the Rio Brazos and Four Corners communities.
- Economic Development
- Programs that will make a difference in the lives of children and troubled youth.
- Quality of life issues
- Programs that will make a difference for youth such as parks.
Contact us if you need assistance or have any questions.