Military Discharge

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The military services encourages military personnel to file their official discharge with the county clerk in the county of residence. This includes members of the United States armed forces, the United States armed forces reserve, or an armed forces auxiliary.

Texas Local Government Code, Sec. 192.002 authorizes the county clerk to file the military discharge at no cost.

By filing the military discharge form in the public records, a permanent record is maintained for future proof of service for veterans’ benefits. The original is returned to the owner after recording.

These records, by law, will only be released to qualified applicants as identified in Texas Government Code, Sec. 552.140.