The Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office Youth Explorers exists to provide area youth with a better understanding of local government, its function and responsibilities, to promote respect for the law; to provide each Explorer with the opportunity to observe the operation of the Sheriff's Office in the discharge of its responsibility to protect and serve the citizens of Fort Bend County; and to provide information and exploration of the law enforcement field.
The purpose of Law Enforcement Exploring is to provide young men and women who may be interested in a career in law enforcement, with a comprehensive program of training, competitions, service, and practical exercise.
- Must be fourteen (14) years old and have completed the 8th grade.
- No older than (18) years old and must still be in high school.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited high school
New members must meet one of these initial residency requirements.
- Must be a resident of Fort Bend County.
- A student in the LCISD, FBISD, Stafford MSD, Needville ISD, or other approved districts.
- Member of the immediate family of an employee of the FBCSO or Fort Bend County.
- Private or Home school students may participate. Registration and/or attendance documentation must be shown.
Each applicant is subject to a background check.
- NO felony convictions.
- NO offences higher than a Class C Misdemeanor.
- NO DWI or DUID convictions.
- NO drug related offences.
- NO crimes of moral turpitude.
- Any other offense committed by applicant will be reviewed by the Post Lead Advisor, Committee, and Committee Chair for recommendation for approval or disapproval for final consideration.
- $25.00 Registration Fee
Deputy Brandon Breaux, PostLead Advisor