Fort Bend is ranked as one of the fastest growing counties in the nation. We have capitalized not only on the creed of real estate: location, location, location, but also on the “quality of life” that is so sought after by families looking for the right place to call “home”. Fort Bend County is looking for motivated people that love coming to work, dare to do their best, want to work with like-minded people, and help change the community.
Search for jobs and apply online:
- Available Positions [PDF]
- Sheriff's Office Jobs
- A Summary of our AMAZING Employee Benefits [PDF]
- A Summary of Your Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act [PDF]
- Equal Employment Opportunity Plan Notice [PDF]
- EEOP Utilization Report April 2018 [PDF]
- Equal Employment Opportunity Poster [PDF]
- The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster [PDF]
Fort Bend County applies positive service and employment practices designed to ensure the full realization of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, or disability. To implement this policy, Fort Bend County will continue to:
Recruit, hire, train, promote and service persons in all job classifications in accordance with this equal opportunity policy.
Make selection decisions according to the principles of equal opportunity by imposing only valid requirements for employment opportunities.
Ensure that all employment practices will be administered without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy status (including childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, political affiliation or beliefs, or any other classification protected by state, federal, and local laws, except where based on a bona fide occupational qualification.
Employment opportunities with Fort Bend County vary a great deal. In order to provide an equal opportunity for all interested individuals including current employees, each department posts open positions with the Human Resources Department. Fort Bend County encourages career advancement for qualified County employees, who are encouraged to apply for open positions.
If you have any technical or account related questions, please email HumanResources@fortbendcountytx.gov. Allow 24 hours for a reply.
Frequently Asked Questions
- If the opportunity is no longer posted on the employment application system, the job has either been filled or the selection process has begun.
- Yes. Login to the online employment application system, make any changes and click Save.
- Once you log into our employment website: www.fortbendcounty.jobs, your dashboard will display the positions you've previously applied for and also display the status of the application next to the job title.
SUBMISSION RECEIVED - application has been received.
UNDER REVIEW - application has met the minimum requirements and has been sent to the hiring department;
hiring department will contact those applicants who are deemed most qualified for clerical
testing and/or interview.
REVIEWED; NOT SELECTED - application was reviewed but not selected.
APPROVED - job posting as been approved to receive applications.
CLOSED (NOT FILLED) - job posting has closed; no longer accepting applications and/or clerical testing.
CLOSED (FILLED) - job posting has been filled.
*PLEASE NOTE - Most of Fort Bend County job openings are posted as "upon filling position" therefore there is no set date as to when positions will be filled. Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to personally contact everyone who applies. Only those applicants whose background and skills most closely match the requirements of the position will be directly contacted by the hiring department.
- Login to the online employment application system and add any open position you would like to apply for.