Fort Bend is ranked as one of the fastest growing counties in the nation. We have capitalized not only on the creed of real estate: location, location, location, but also on the “quality of life” that is so sought after by families looking for the right place to call “home”. Fort Bend County is looking for motivated people that love coming to work, dare to do their best, want to work with like-minded people, and help change the community.
Search for jobs and apply online:
- Available Positions [PDF]
- Sheriff's Office Jobs
- A Summary of our AMAZING Employee Benefits [PDF]
- A Summary of Your Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act [PDF]
- Equal Employment Opportunity Plan Notice [PDF]
- EEOP Utilization Report April 2020 [PDF]
- Equal Employment Opportunity Poster [PDF]
- The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster [PDF]
Fort Bend County applies positive service and employment practices designed to ensure the full realization of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, or disability. To implement this policy, Fort Bend County will continue to:
Recruit, hire, train, promote and service persons in all job classifications in accordance with this equal opportunity policy.
Make selection decisions according to the principles of equal opportunity by imposing only valid requirements for employment opportunities.
Ensure that all employment practices will be administered without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy status (including childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, age (40 and over), physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, political affiliation or beliefs, or any other classification protected by state, federal, and local laws, except where based on a bona fide occupational qualification.
Employment opportunities with Fort Bend County vary a great deal. In order to provide an equal opportunity for all interested individuals including current employees, each department posts open positions with the Human Resources Department. Fort Bend County encourages career advancement for qualified County employees, who are encouraged to apply for open positions.
If you have any technical or account related questions, please email HumanResources@fortbendcountytx.gov. Allow 24 hours for a reply.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of benefits do you offer?
How do I apply for a job with the Sheriff’s Office?
How do I know if the position I applied for has been filled?
Can I update my application?
Can I check the status of my application?
- SUBMISSION RECEIVED - application has been received.
- UNDER REVIEW - application has met the minimum requirements and has been sent to the hiring department; hiring department will contact those applicants who are deemed most qualified for clerical testing and/or interview.
- REVIEWED; NOT SELECTED - application was reviewed but not selected.
- APPROVED - job posting as been approved to receive applications.
- CLOSED (NOT FILLED) - job posting has closed; no longer accepting applications and/or clerical testing.
- CLOSED (FILLED) - job posting has been filled.
I have already submitted an application online, how do I apply for another position?
I don’t have a computer, how can I apply online?
Computers are available at the Human Resources Department located in the William B. Travis Building at 301 Jackson Street, Suite 243, Richmond, TX 77469.
You may also stop by any local library.