Fort Bend Transit
Effective February 3, 2020
Fort Bend Transit is pleased to announce new schedules for the TMC, Greenway, & Galleria commuter services starting February 3, 2020. Schedules are available on the Fort Bend Transit website: www.FBCTransit.org.
Fort Bend Transit- Galleria Route
Effective February 3, 2020
The PM Williams Tower stop will be moved back to the Metro bus shelter on Post Oak Boulevard. The temporary stop on Hidalgo Street Near McCue Road will no longer be utilized starting February 3, 2020
Fort Bend County is pleased to offer the Fort Bend Transit commuter services that provide week day service to the Texas Medical Center, Greenway Plaza, and the Galleria. These services consists of rides from Fort Bend County Monday through Friday. Services may begin as early as 4:30 a.m. and end as late as 9:00 p.m. There is no weekend service currently.
Park and Ride Locations
- Fort Bend County Fairgrounds (4310 State Highway 36 South Rosenberg, TX 77471)
- University of Houston Sugar Land (14000 University Boulevard Sugar Land, TX 77479)
- AMC Theater First Colony (3301 Town Centre Blvd. South Sugar Land, TX 77479)
Schedules & Maps
A reverse commute service is available with the Fort Bend Transit service. However, the reverse commute service is only accessible during certain times of the schedule. Please review the Reverse Commute Schedules listed below for each service.
Cash Fare: (one way)
- $2.25 UofH/AMC to Greenway Plaza
- $1.00 UofH/AMC to West Bellfort
- $2.00 West Bellfort to Greenway Plaza
- $2.25 UofH/AMC to Galleria
- $3.50 UofH/AMC to Texas Medical Center
Exact change and tickets are accepted as fare. Fare is collected in the fare box upon boarding. If fare is paid in cash, exact change is required. The drivers cannot make change. Ticket books are available for purchase at a 10% discounted rate. Tickets are non refundable.
- $36.00 (20 rides) Fort Bend Transit-Uptown Galleria / Greenway Plaza
- $72.00 (40 rides) Fort Bend Transit-Uptown Galleria / Greenway Plaza
- $18.00 (20 rides) U of H / AMC to W. Bellfort Park & Ride
- $31.50 (20 rides) W. Bellfort Park & Ride to Greenway Plaza
- $63.00 (20 rides) Fort Bend Transit to Texas Medical Center
- $18.00 (20 rides) Demand Response
Buy Fort Bend Transit Ticket Books and save even more at:
* Effective Immediately - Fort Bend County Public Transportation will no longer charge a $2.95 service fee when purchasing online ticket books.
Guaranteed Ride Home Program
Guaranteed Ride Home is a free service that provides commuters a way home in the event of a midday emergency. For eligibility, riders must be registered prior to needing service. Registration is done by filling out a registration form and returning the form to Fort Bend County Public Transportation. The Guaranteed Ride Home service can be utilized up to three times per calendar year. Examples of approved emergencies include personal illness, illness of a family member, a death in the family, and unscheduled overtime required by your employer. In the event of an emergency, call 281-633-7433. Once a staff member verifies enrollment in the program, a service provider will pick you up from your place of employment and take you to your car.
Call 281-633-7433 to request a form or download the Guaranteed Ride Home Form [PDF].
For further information on the Fort Bend Transit / Texas Medical Center commuter service or to have a form mailed or faxed, please call 281-633 7433 (RIDE), 1-866-751-8747 (TRIP) or view the Frequently Asked Questions.
Comments and questions can also be e-mailed to Fort Bend Transit at, Transit@fortbendcountytx.gov.