Fort Bend Express - Galleria Route
Effective Thursday, March 15, 2018:
Due to construction, the Williams Tower evening stop will be moved to the shared METRO stop on Hidalgo Street near McCue Road.
Fort Bend Express - Greenway Route
Effective Thursday, April 26, 2018:
City Club Drive has re-opened. The location of the Greenway 9 & 11 stop will resume to the former location under the breezeway on front of the Greenway 11 building.
|Fort Bend Express -Galleria Post Oak Routes
On Friday, Feb. 23 at 9PM TxDOT will close the I-69/SW Frwy HOV/HOT entrance & exit ramps at Westpark. Fort Bend Express-Galleria buses will use alternative routes when transporting to and from the Galleria area to the Sugar Land Park & Rides Please expect delays. After a brief period of assessing the changes, Fort Bend County Public Transportation will determine the need for a schedule adjustment. A decision on any applicable schedule changes will be posted. Please monitor our web site for updates. We appreciate your patience & understanding during this mobility change.
|Fort Bend Express -Texas Medical Center Route
Effective October 16, 2017:
The construction at the John Freeman stop is now complete. The original route will resume. The temporary stop located at the Metro stop on John Freeman at Fannin will no longer be utilized.
Starting Monday, October 2, 2017, Passengers will be required to pay fares for all transportation services.
|Galleria York Town Route
Effective Monday, June 1, 2015
Due to construction, the AM Sage @ Macy's stop will temporarily be moved to the Houston Metro stop at Westheimer & Sage. The original route will resume once the construction is complete. This notice will be removed once the original route resumes.
Texas Medical Center Route
Effective Monday, June 1, 2015
Due to construction, the MDA @ Bertner (stop #6) will temporarily be moved to the Houston Metro stop at Bertner & Moursund St. for the AM, noon & PM routes. The original route will resume once the construction is complete. This notice will be removed once the original route resumes.
Fort Bend County is pleased to offer the Fort Bend Express commuter services that provide week day service to the Texas Medical Center, Greenway Plaza, and the Galleria. These services consists of rides from Fort Bend County Monday through Friday. Services may begin as early as 4:30 a.m. and end as late as 9:00 p.m. There is no weekend service currently.
Park and Ride Locations
- Fort Bend County Fairgrounds (4310 State Highway 36 South Rosenberg, TX 77471)
- University of Houston Sugar Land (14000 University Boulevard Sugar Land, TX 77479)
- AMC Theater First Colony (3301 Town Centre Blvd. South Sugar Land, TX 77479)
Schedules & Maps
- TMC Schedule [PDF]
- TMC Map [PDF]
- Galleria Schedule [PDF]
- Galleria Map [PDF]
- Greenway Schedule [PDF]
- Greenway Plaza Map [PDF]
- Fairgrounds Park & Ride Shuttle [PDF]
A reverse commute service is available with the Fort Bend County Express service. However, the reverse commute service is only accessible during certain times of the schedule. Please review the Reverse Commute Schedules listed below for each service.
Cash Fare: (one way)
- $2.25 UofH/AMC to Greenway Plaza
- $1.00 UofH/AMC to West Bellfort
- $2.00 West Bellfort to Greenway Plaza
- $2.25 UofH/AMC to Galleria
- $3.50 UofH/AMC to Texas Medical Center
Exact change and tickets are accepted as fare. Fare is collected in the fare box upon boarding. If fare is paid in cash, exact change is required. The drivers cannot make change. Ticket books are available for purchase at a 10% discounted rate. Tickets are non refundable.
- $36.00 (20 rides) Fort Bend Express-Uptown Galleria / Greenway Plaza
- $72.00 (40 rides) Fort Bend Express-Uptown Galleria / Greenway Plaza
- $18.00 (20 rides) U of H / AMC to W. Bellfort Park & Ride
- $31.50 (20 rides) W. Bellfort Park & Ride to Greenway Plaza
- $63.00 (20 rides) Fort Bend Express to Texas Medical Center
- $18.00 (20 rides) Demand Response
Buy Fort Bend Express Ticket Books and save even more at:
- Greenway Plaza Transportation Center (4 East Greenway Plaza c950 Houston, TX 77046)
- Kroger (4825 Sweetwater Blvd, Sugar Land, TX 77479)
- Check with your company.
- Mail Order Form [PDF]
- * Online at https://ipn.paymentus.com/otp/stde/fbct
* Effective Immediately - Fort Bend County Public Transportation will no longer charge a $2.95 service fee when purchasing online ticket books.
Guaranteed Ride Home Program
Guaranteed Ride Home is a free service that provides commuters a way home in the event of a midday emergency. For eligibility, riders must be registered prior to needing service. Registration is done by filling out a registration form and returning the form to Fort Bend County Public Transportation. The Guaranteed Ride Home service can be utilized up to three times per calendar year. Examples of approved emergencies include personal illness, illness of a family member, a death in the family, and unscheduled overtime required by your employer. In the event of an emergency, call 281-633-7433. Once a staff member verifies enrollment in the program, a service provider will pick you up from your place of employment and take you to your car.
Call 281-633-7433 to request a form or download the Guaranteed Ride Home Form [PDF].
For further information on the Fort Bend Express / Texas Medical Center commuter service or to have a form mailed or faxed, please call 281-633 7344 (RIDE), 1-866-751-8747 (TRIP) or view the Frequently Asked Questions.
Comments and questions can also be e-mailed to Fort Bend County Public Transportation at, Transit@fortbendcountytx.gov.