Flood Disaster Recovery

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Fort Bend County Flood Disaster Recovery for Flood Victims

This information is for residents in Unincorporated Fort Bend County who have flood damage to their homes or businesses and need to repair or rebuild. Residents of Beasley, Fulshear, Missouri City, Needville, Orchard, Richmond, RosenbergSimontonHouston, and Sugar Land will need to contact their city’s Floodplain Administrator.  For assistance in determining if your property is in the floodplain / floodway, please utilize the link below.

Floodplain Jurisdiction Map

Information regarding registration for disaster assistance is posted on the Fort Bend County Office of Emergency Management website, http://www.fbcoem.org, along with additional information related to reporting flood damage, cleanup and debris removal information.

The Order establishing Regulations for Floodplain Management [PDF] went into effect on April 2, 2014.

For areas inside the floodway/floodplain, a Damage Assessment inspection is required before repairs begin (This is different from the FEMA inspection for financial assistance or insurance purposes). For Damage Assessment inspections, contact Fort Bend County Engineering at 281-633-7500 during regular business hours. If your buildings are determined to be substantially (50% or more) damaged, you will be required to bring the buildings into compliance with current regulations, including approval of a Development Permit. We will have assessors inspecting properties that were damaged by the flood – please allow them on your property. The restriction on rebuilding in the floodplain and floodway are a requirement for Fort Bend County to participate in the National Flood Insurance Program. This is a FEMA requirement to ensure that flood insurance is available to residents of Fort Bend County. If you need help determining whether or not you are in the floodplain/floodway, please contact us at 281-633-7500.

You can apply for permits online through MyGovernmentOnline.org. If you are having trouble using the customer portal, please read the MyGovernmentOnline Instructions [PDF] or call the 24/7 Technical Support line at 1-866-957-3764, Option 1.

For areas outside the floodway/floodplain outside City Limits, permits are not required for repairs to existing structures.

If you have any questions about Permits or need additional information, contact us at permits@fortbendcountytx.gov.


Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer