Do I need to apply for a permit?

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Do I need to apply for a permit?

Development Permit is required when the proposed construction or other development is characterized by any of the following:

  • Any work to be performed is within floodplain or flood-prone areas (Special Flood Hazard Areas) as defined by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA);
  • Construction of any fully enclosed structure or concrete slab (including existing building modification) which is larger than 100 square feet including but not limited to a barn, garage, workshop, or storage building;
  • Work involves the development of improved or unimproved real estate including but not limited to buildings or other structures, mining, dredging, filling, grading, paving, excavation or drilling operations, or storage of equipment and materials;
  • Fill placement or excavation is greater than 40 loads (500 cubic yards) per acre and/or there is a change in any elevation by six (6) inches or more.

Ordinary and minor repairs may be made without a Development Permit provided that such repairs do not violate any provisions of the Regulations for Floodplain Management for County of Fort Bend, Texas.

The application and any supporting documentation must not contain false information nor conceal material facts. Violation or attempted violation of these Regulations may result in civil or criminal penalties including fine or imprisonment in accord with the provisions of Section 81.023 of the Texas Local Government Code, as amended.