Right of Ways & Drainage Ditches

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Working In Right of Ways and Drainage Ditches

Anyone proposing to lay, construct, maintain and/or repair cable, conduit and/or pole lines in, under, across, or along roads, streets, highways and/or drainage ditches in Fort Bend County should apply for a permit.

Application for a Permit - submit the following:

  1. Submit Permit Application through the MyGovernmentOnline customer portal .
  2. Performance Construction Bond [DOCX] or Perpetual Construction Bond [DOCX]
        Minimum: $50,000.00 or 25% of total work in County Right of Way whichever is the larger amount.
    • a. Check made out to Fort Bend County may be substituted for Performance Bond.
    • b. Fort Bend County's Bond Form is the only version accepted, with no additions or deletions. Please submit the original. No copies will be accepted.
    • c. Traffic Control Plan Must comply with the Texas Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices for Streets and Highways (TMUTCD). Part VI Standards and Guides for Traffic Controls for Streets and Highway Construction, Maintenance, Utility, and Incident Management Operations.
  3. Commercial Driveways and Median opening or Median modification, New Street Crossings or Connections to Existing Streets.
    • a. Permit Fee: $150.00.
    • b. Performance Construction Bond [DOCX], or Cashier’s Check
    • c. A detail drawing of construction, in duplicate signed and sealed by a Texas licensed professional engineer. Identify each proposed construction item by encircling or by a heavy line and label each item alphabetically to match that same item on the application form.
  4.  Compliance with Fort Bend County's Right-of-Way Regulations [PDF]

Written notices are required:

  • 48 hours in advance of construction start up.
  • Evidence of review by the Commissioners' Court should be kept on the jobsite at all times and failure to do so constitutes grounds for job shutdown.
  • When construction is completed and ready for final inspection.

EAOR 37: Policy advisory regarding utility and telephone company exceptions

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer