Family Preparedness Plan
Having a family emergency plan is important. This workbook can help your family prepare for emergencies.
King's Reading Books at the Library
One of the things that I really like to do is learn about stuff. A really fun way to learn about new and neat things is to read a book. Our county or school library has a lot of cool books that we can borrow and read: books with stories, books about real people, and books to teach us things. Here are some books that may be available at your local library about emergencies and being prepared. If you find another good book that you would like me to share, send me a note and we will put it on the list.
- Otis and the Tornado by Loren Long
- Little Critter: Just a Big Storm by Mercer Mayer
- Sparky the Fire Dog by Don Hoffman
- Stop Drop and Roll by Margery Cuyler
- Arthur's Fire Drill by Marc Brown
- Tornadoes! by Gail Gibbons
- Raging Floods (Awesome Forces of Nature) by Louise Spilsbury
- I Survived Hurricane Katrina by Lauren Tarshis
- I Survived the Attacks of September 11th by Lauren Tarshis
- Preparing Your Pets for Emergencies and Disasters by Joyce Rheal