The Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office Youth Explorers exists to provide area youth with a better understanding of local government, its function and responsibilities, to promote respect for the law; to provide each Explorer with the opportunity to observe the operation of the Sheriff's Office in the discharge of its responsibility to protect and serve the citizens of Fort Bend County; and to provide information and exploration of the law enforcement field.
The purpose of Law Enforcement Exploring is to provide young adults who are 15 to 21 years of age who may be interested in a career in law enforcement, with a comprehensive program of training, competitions, service, and practical exercise.
- Must be fourteen (14) years old and have completed the 8th grade.
- No older than twenty-one (21) years old.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited school
- Graduated from and accredited school.
- Acquiring or have acquired a GED.
New members must meet one of these initial residency requirements.
- Must be a resident of Fort Bend County.
- A student in the LCISD, FBCISD, Stafford MSD, Needville ISD, or other approved districts.
- Member of the immediate family of an employee of the FBCSO or Fort Bend County.
- Private or Home school students may participate. Registration and/or attendance documentation must be shown.
Each applicant is subject to a background check.
- NO felony convictions.
- NO offences higher than a Class C Misdemeanor.
- NO DWI or DUID convictions.
- NO drug related offences.
- NO crimes of moral turpitude.
- Any other offense committed by applicant will be reviewed by the Post Lead Advisor, Committee, and Committee Chair for recommendation for approval or disapproval for final consideration.
Deputy Charles Sonnier, Lead Advisor