Skip to page body Home About Us Government Departments Doing Business Services I Want To...

Expand All / Contract All

What do we do if our subdivision needs additional traffic signals, stop signs, etc?
Have your homeowners' association submit a request and a petition to your commissioner that has been signed by homeowners in your area. When the petition is received, a traffic study will be conducted to determine the feasibility of the request. If the study supports the request, the item will be placed on the Commissioners Court Agenda to set a public hearing date. If approved at the public hearing, Road and Bridge will then begin work on the project.
How do we report a concern regarding landfills, air pollution, damage to roads caused by heavy trucks or machinery, poor drainage, unwanted plants or companies, or other similar problems?
Call or write your commissioner with as much information as possible regarding your concern. Include such information as names, telephone numbers, specific locations and the reason for your concern.
What can be done about fireworks in my community during the holidays?
Commissioners Court does not have the authority to ban fireworks. If a county burn ban is in effect at the time in question, this prohibits fireworks everywhere in the county.
How are county dollars "leveraged" for mobility projects?
We work with the city, state and developers to secure matching funds. (From a 10/90 match to a 50/50 match.)
How can we stretch our total tax dollars?
One example of stretching total tax dollars is by county, cities and engineering departments not duplicating services such as Geographical Information Systems. We now have a Fort Bend County GIS Consortium as a countywide organization.