Occupational Driver's License Requirements
- Petition for an Occupational Drivers License [PDF]
- Letter from employer as to type of work performed, hours and place of employment, and necessity to drive a motor vehicle. If a student, you must provide a class schedule from the school of attendance.
- Financial Responsibility Insurance Certificate (SR-22)
- Certified Abstract (Type AR) Driving Record
- $51.00 (court costs due at the time of filing)
When all the above information is provided to the court, the Prosecutor and Judge will review your case. It is NOT necessary for you to be here for the review.
You will be contacted after the review to pick up a certified copy of the Order (copy fees will apply), or if necessary, notifying you of a hearing date and time to appear in our court.
Information about an Occupational License is available from the Texas Department of Public Safety, at https://www.dps.texas.gov/section/driver-license/occupational-driver-license
For more information, visit the Texas Constitution and Statutes website http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/TN/htm/TN.521.htm.
Download / Print