March 24, 2020
Re: Business Operations at the Fort Bend County Fire Marshal's Office
The Fort Bend County Fire Marshal's Office is still open for business. However, due to combating the spread of COVID-19, our normal practices and operations have slightly changed.
- We will no longer accept credit cards. All permit payments must be made via check or money order.
- Access to our lobby to drop off plans, pick up plans, or pick up a Certificate of Compliance can only be done with an appointment. Please call (281)-238-1500 to schedule an appointment.
- We will not schedule any in-person meetings in our office.
- If you have questions regarding a construction project, please contact Deputy Chief Warner Preston at (281)238-1500 or by email at email@example.com
- If you have questions regarding an investigation, please contact Deputy Chief Randy Corliss at (281)238-1500 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inspections will only be performed on a case-by-case basis, and with authorization of command staff. Please contact Deputy Chief Preston regarding inspections.
Should you have any other questions, please contact our office at (281)238-1500.
COVID FMO Letter
As of October 1, 2019, unincorporated Fort Bend County will utilize the 2018 International Fire Code, related Local Amendments and the Fort Bend County Fire Code [PDF].