As a long-time public servant, I am committed to advocating for our communities and fighting for the issues that matter to the constituents. As your commissioner, I firmly believe that with a focus on finding sustainable solutions, we can build a brighter future for everyone. My platform is focused on keeping taxes low, infrastructure development, and making Fort Bend County a premier place to work, live, and play. I am a strong believer in fiscal responsibility and economic development and working collaboratively to tackle challenges.
Commissioner Andy Meyers's Accomplishments:
- Designated “The Taxpayers' Best Friend” for his leadership in lowering property taxes and saving Fort Bend County taxpayers over $1 billion.
- Appointed by Gov. Abbott to the Texas Advanced Nuclear Reactor Working Group to develop the Next Generation of safe, affordable, and reliable nuclear energy and help Texas remain the Energy Capitol of the World.
- Played a key role in making and keeping Fort Bend County one of the safest, most family-friendly, and business-friendly counties anywhere, including leading the passage of the County’s Sexually Oriented Business Ordinance.
- Pioneered the Contract Deputy Program, which added +100 law enforcement patrols in our communities.
- Leading the effort to grow the local economy and diversify the tax base, thereby easing the tax burden on homes by proposing action to create Industrial Development Districts.
- Effective in passing critical legislation by collaborating with State leaders with whom he has long-standing relationships and who trust and respect him.
- Played a vital role in creating 5 of the 8 State District Courts in Fort Bend County through his relationships with key state legislators.
- Addressing traffic congestion by proposing the county’s first successful Mobility Bond Program and leading efforts on subsequent mobility bond programs.
- Addressing flood protection by proposing the county’s latest successful Flood Control Bond Program, securing $84 million in federal and state flood control grants, and working with Levee Improvement Districts and others on flood mitigation.
Address: 13131 Dairy Ashford Rd, #390, Sugar Land, TX 77478
Email: [email protected]