Take the short course to enjoying healthy living through home-based food production, preparation, and food preservation with our Backyard Basics lecture series beginning August 10. Classes are held on Saturdays from 8:30 AM until 11:00 AM at the Bud O’Shieles Community Center located at 1330 Band Road in Rosenberg.
Class Dates and Topics
- Aug. 10 – Vegetable Gardening
- Aug. 17 – Composting
- Aug. 24 – Water Conservation
- Sept. 7 – Food Dehydration & Freezing
- Sept. 14 – Backyard Fruit Production
- Sept. 21 – Selecting Meats & Grilling
The cost is $15.00 per class or $25.00 per couple (per class); or, $75.00 for all classes and $125.00 per couple attending all classes. To register or for more information, contact Brandy at 281-342-3034 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Checks Payable To: Ag/Hort Committee
Download / Print
- Backyard Basics Flyer [PDF]