Call the Justice of the Peace for the precinct where the proposed patient lives and let them know you will be coming in to complete an Application for a Mental Health Warrant. Some Justice of the Peace offices close at 4:00 PM; it is recommended to start the process as early in the day as possible.
- JP 1, Place 1 – 3114 Rosenberg St., Needville: 281-342-7807 or 979-793-3403
- JP 1, Place 2 – 1517 Eugene Heiman Circle, Ste. 100, Richmond: 281-341-3742
- JP 2 – 303 Texas Parkway (FM 2234), Rm. 107, Missouri City: 281-403-8080
- JP 3 – 22333 Grand Corner Drive, Katy: 281-238-1460
- JP 4 – 12919 Dairy Ashford, Ste. 100, Sugar Land: 281-491-6016
If you have located a facility and are calling after hours, you may call the Sheriff’s Office Dispatch at 281-341-4665. Let the dispatcher know that you need to contact the Justice of Peace on call regarding a mental health commitment.
When completing the Application, make certain to put the name and telephone number for the facility admitting department, for confirmation by the Sheriff’s Office that the facility is expecting this proposed patient.
If the Mental Health Warrant is issued, the warrant will be sent to the Sheriff (or Texana) and arrangements will be made for the transport of the patient to the facility.