• Marriage License Application • Acceptable ID List [English] [Spanish] • 
• Marriage License Designs [
Bells] [Flag] [Hearts] [Historic] •


The Fort Bend County Clerk provides two types of marriage license, a Formal Marriage License and Declaration and Registration of Informal Marriage (Common Law). Determine which Marriage License you need:

Formal Marriage License:
A license issued by a County Clerk which an officiant uses to perform the marriage ceremony for a couple desiring to enter into a ceremonial marriage.

Informal Marriage License:
A declaration of a marriage without formalities to a couple who agree to be married and after the agreement have lived together in this state as a married couple and there presented to others that they are married.