FOOD SERVICE / GENERAL SANITATION PROGRAM
The Environmental Health Department is the local agency designated to enforce the law and rules under Chapters 437, 341 and 343 of the Texas Health and Safety Code, Texas Food Establishment Rules (T.F.E.R.), and Local Orders approved by Commissioners Court. The objective of this program is to prevent food borne illness and associated health hazards by regulating the location, design, construction, operation, and maintenance of Retail Food Service Establishments.
Areas of Responsibility
- Routine inspection and permitting of Retail Food Establishments which includes: Food Service establishments; Mobile Food Vendors, Retail Food Stores, Schools, Day Cares, Restaurants or Temporary Food Operations.
- Compliance Inspections of Food Service Facilities.
- Food Borne Illness Complaints / Investigations of Food Service facilities.
- Requested inspections for Day Cares, Group Homes, etc.
- General Nuisance Complaint Investigations.