The Regulatory Division provides legal assistance and advice to all County officials and departments to ensure County compliance with all duties and obligations as required under local, state and federal laws. The Division is also responsible for pursuing lawsuits on behalf of the County in the enforcement of County Orders and Regulations including:
- Fort Bend County Floodplain Management Regulations
- Fort Bend County Junkyard Regulations
- Fort Bend County Junked Vehicle Abatement Procedures
- Fort Bend County Outdoor Lighting Regulations
- Enforcement of County, State and Federal Environmental Regulations
- Human Trafficking Violations
- Public Nuisance Abatement
- Fort Bend County Alcohol Distance Regulations
- Fort Bend County Game Room Regulations
Assistant County Attorneys also draft County Orders and Regulations for Commissioners Court approval and assist departments with policies and procedures for investigating and implementing those Regulations.
- Huma N. Ahmed – Chief Regulatory Division
- Anton P. Montaño – Assistant County Attorney, Regulatory.