Drainage District

Expand/Contract Questions and Answers
It depends on the location of your site. If your site is located within a Municipal Utility District or in a Levee Improvement District chances are you will not need to detain the developed flows from the site. Usually those types of Districts have already accounted for full development flows based on the Land Plan authored by the Developer. Otherwise, detention will be required in accordance with the Fort Bend County Drainage Criteria Manual.
Contact the City, if you are located within the city limits. If you live within a Municipal Utility District, contact the operator of the utility services. Usually this is to whom you pay the water and sewer bill.
If you are not in the city limits, contact the Fort Bend County Road and Bridge Department at 281-342-4513 as they maintain the roadside ditches.
Contact the Fort Bend County Drainage District Maintenance Division at 281-342-0141. If the Drainage District has a drainage easement on the creek then we will usually remove the debris. Mowing is usually done 2 to 3 times a year with herbicide spraying.
The Drainage District maintains channels in which we have easements. The channels were designed to take the 2-year rainfall event in agricultural uses.
Texas Water Code 49.217 (b) prohibits a person to operate a motor vehicle on a levee, in a drainage ditch, or on land adjacent to a levee, canal, ditch, exposed conduit, pipeline, pumping plant, storm water facility, or other facility for the transmission, storage, treatment, or distribution of water, sewage, or storm water owned or controlled by a district. A person who operates a motor vehicle of Subsection (b) commits an offense. Contact the Sheriff’s Office regarding any criminal activity that may be occurring along the drainage easement. The District has no policing authority.