January 2023

CONTACT THE TAX OFFICE VIA PHONE OR EMAIL: Please feel free to call us at 281-341-3710 or email us at with any auto or property tax questions.

Governor Abbott issued a statement on March 16, 2020 granting a temporary extension to obtain initial registration, renewal of registration, and renewal of a permanent disabled parking placard.  Governor Abbott also granted a temporary extension for an individual with an expired 30-day temporary permit to obtain another permit or Texas registration.

There is also no requirement for a title application to be submitted within a specified time. As a result, the delinquent transfer penalty does not apply to any title application submitted between March 16, 2020 and 60 days after the TxDMV provides notice normal titling services have resumed.

In coordination with Governor Abbott's actions, State Comptroller Glenn Hegar has extended the time frame to pay motor vehicle sales tax by 90 days.

For more information on Governor Abbott's extension of certain deadlines and the waiver of penalties, click here.

For State Comptroller Glenn Hegar's announcement extending the timeline to pay motor vehicle sales taxes, click here.

Registration Renewals

Registration Renewals can be processed online through the state’s website at Registration stickers will be mailed in approximately two weeks. In the meantime, your printed online receipt can serve as your vehicle registration for up to 30 days.

Disabled Placards

Initial applications for disabled parking placards can be mailed to the Tax Office. We will need the original application which has been notarized or attach a prescription to take the place of the notarization. Make sure that the doctor marked whether it is temporary or permanent. Temporary placards are $5.00 each with a limit of 2. There is no fee for permanent placards. To renew a permanent disabled placard, you will need to complete a disabled application and surrender the placard you currently have.  Download the application form VTR-214 at

Replacement License Plates and Registration Stickers

The replacement request can be mailed in along with the form VTR-60, which can be downloaded at and a check or money order for $6.50.  We will mail you the replacement plates and stickers.