To apply for a reserve deputy position, complete the job application on the Jobs page and select Precinct 1reserve deputy.
Steps in the process to become a reserve deputy are listed below:
- Complete the on-line application on the Jobs page.
- Once application received, you will be contacted for an interview.
- After the interview, a comprehensive background investigation will be conducted.
- If applicant passes the background check, the file is submitted to the Constable for approval.
- If approved, the applicant would have to submit to a drug test, physical, and mental fitness exam.
- Once tests are completed and passed, the applicant would have to secure a bond.
- The applicant is then commissioned by the agency as a deputy.
Our reserve deputies perform a wide variety of duties, including, but not limited to, bailiff for JP court, work in the Civil Division, assist with traffic complaints and at public relation functions and more.