Utility AssistanceBelow is the required documents you will need to have with you when you come to apply for utility assistance.  Assistance is provided to residents of Fort Bend County who meet program guidelines. Appointments required at both locations.  Fort Bend County does not pay utility deposits, rental deposits or any transferred bill from another address.

Proof Of Identity

  • Bring Social Security Card, Driver License or I.D. for the Head of Household and Spouse.
  • Metal Social Security Cards are NOT acceptable.

Proof Of Income

  • Bring proof of the current income amount for the past month (30 days), for everyone in the household.
  • Bring last months pay stub if paid once a month, the last two pay stubs if paid twice a month and the last four pay stubs if paid weekly.

Proof Of Unemployment

  • If anyone in the household is eighteen (18) years old or older and is not in school and not employed, proof of unemployment is needed.
  • Must show proof by being registered with Gulf Coast Careers/Texas Workforce Commission or have a disability. Proof of disability is needed from doctor.

Proof Of Emergency

  • Bring in the termination notice or the bill needing to be paid.
  • Bring in proof (receipts) of all items paid out by you in the last thirty days.