Expand/Contract Questions and Answers
By law, the Constable’s office is not permitted to give legal advice. Please consult with an attorney for legal advice.
Generally, there is a fee charged to process and serve civil papers. State law or County Commissioners’ Court sets the fees that are charged for our services.
It depends on the type of paper and on the volume of active papers. Some papers are higher priorities than others. We will make attempt(s) until papers are served, or until we can show the person is not servable, or the date on the paper(s) expires.
No. Fees paid to the Constable Office are for processing and attempting service. In almost all instances, several attempts are made at different times/days if the respondent is not contacted on the first attempt.