Development Permits are required for construction including work such as re-grading, drainage modifications, on-site sewage facilities, water wells, signing, changes in land use, new building construction, building modifications and any work within the 100-yr floodplain.
Residential Development Permit
A Residential Development Permit is required for the construction of any new structure on residential property, or addition to an existing structure, that meets or exceeds 100 square feet in size. The permit can be applied for online at www.mygovernmentonline.org.
Commercial Development Permit
A Commercial Development Permit is required for all commercial development. Before applying for the permit, the County Engineer must first review and approve a set of civil construction drawings. The following links provide guidance on the commercial approval and permitting procedure.
- Civil Site Plan Submittal Procedure [PDF]
- Commercial Permitting Procedure [PDF]
- Lease Build-Out Information [PDF]
A Sign Permit is required for any sign that is visible from a County Toll Road. For more information go to the Fort Bend County Toll Road Authority (FBCTRA) website (click here). You can contact FBCTRA via email (click here) or call (832) 735-7385.
Release of Power
Once your Development Permit is submitted, you may need to request release of electric service or update the physical address for your permit through the MyGovernmentOnline customer portal.
- Development Permit: $60.00
- Development Permit in Floodplain: $110.00
- Lease Buildout Permit: $0.00 (No Fee)
- Change of Address: $30.00
- Development Permit Fees do not include other Local, State, and Federal agency permit and review fees as applicable.