Fort Bend Transit is committed to providing safe, reliable, courteous, accessible, and user-friendly services to its customers, including individuals with disabilities. To ensure equal and safe access to all riders, requests for reasonable modifications can be made by calling 281-633-RIDE (7433) or emailing email@example.com.
- Individuals requesting modifications shall describe what they need to use the service.
- Individuals requesting modifications are not required to use the term "reasonable modification" when making a request.
- Whenever feasible, requests for modifications shall be made and determined in advance, before Fort Bend Transit is expected to provide the modified service.
- Where a request for modification cannot practicably be made and determined in advance, operating personnel shall decide whether the modification should be provided at the time of the request. Operating personnel may consult with the Civil Rights Officer before determining to grant or deny the request.
- Requests for modification may be denied only on one or more of the following grounds:
- Granting the request would fundamentally alter the nature of the Fort Bend Transit’s services, programs, or activities;
- Granting the request would create a direct threat to the health or safety of others;
- Without the requested modification, the individual with a disability can fully use Fort Bend Transit’s services, programs, or activities for their intended purpose.