Livestock is required to have distinct earmarks and brands which shall be recorded and maintained with the clerk of the county in which the livestock is located according to the Texas Agriculture Code, Sections 144.041–144.004.
- Application for Marks and Brands [PDF] (Effective date August 31, 2021 - August 30, 2031)
- Marks and Brands Instructions [PDF]
- $16.00 per brand or mark
- Record all marks and brands with the County Clerk. You must record all marks and brands every 10 years beginning August 31, 1981.
- A copy is mailed to the Texas State Cattle Association.
- Texas Agriculture Code, Section 142 provides a method of disposing of estray livestock.
NOTE: To search for a brand, click on the Official Public Records tab, go to Search Real Estate Index link, and select BRAND under Document Type.