The renewal period for Marks and Brands runs from August 31, 2021 through February 28, 2022. You may visit any of the Fort Bend County Clerk locations listed below to fill out the application and re-record your brand. The form is available below under Requirements Checklist or you may pick up a form at any of our office locations below.
- Richmond: 301 Jackson St, Richmond, TX
- Missouri City: 307 Texas Parkway, Missouri City TX
- Sienna: 5855 Sienna Springs Way, Missouri City, TX
- Katy: 22333 Grand Corner Dr, Katy, TX
We will also be located at the Fort Bend County Extension Office at 1402 Band Rd, Ste 100, Rosenberg during the Fort Bend County Fair - September 27 through October 1, 2021 from 9 AM to 4 PM for your convenience.
Livestock is required to have distinct earmarks and brands which shall be recorded and maintained with the clerk of the county in which the livestock is located according to the Texas Agriculture Code, Sections 144.041–144.004.
- Application for Marks and Brands [PDF] (Effective date August 31, 2021 - August 30, 2031)
- Marks and Brands Instructions [PDF]
- $16.00 per brand or mark
- Record all marks and brands with the County Clerk. You must record all marks and brands every 10 years beginning August 31, 1981.
- A copy is mailed to the Texas State Cattle Association.
- Texas Agriculture Code, Section 142 provides a method of disposing of estray livestock.
NOTE: To search for a brand, click on the Official Public Records tab, go to Search Real Estate Index link, and select BRAND under Document Type.