Texas Volunteer Deputy Registrar Guide
Fort Bend County is now offering on-line training for Volunteer Deputy Registrars. Applications for Volunteer Deputy Registrars will be accepted at the fourth day of the year 2023.
- To begin the process, complete the application found here.(File includes fillable form fields).
- Print, sign, and return to email@example.com, You may also fax to 281-341-4418, or mail to Fort Bend County Elections, 301 Jackson Street, Richmond, TX 77469.
- After receipt of your application, you will be sent a link to the on-line training program.
- After completing the training, you will need to go to the Fort Bend County Office of Elections Administration. You will take a short written test to confirm your knowledge of the registration process and the responsibilities of Volunteer Deputy registrars.
- At that time you will be issued your registration materials and your VDR certificate will be mailed.
All persons seeking to become a Volunteer Deputy Registrar must complete a training course approved by the Secretary of State.
Please contact this office for scheduling.
- All training classes conducted at Fort Bend County Election Office will be subject to cancellation due to upcoming elections. Please check the website for any updates.
- Check back for upcoming classes.
If you have any questions please contact this office 281-341-8670.
Classes are held at the Fort Bend County Election Office, 4520 Reading Road, Rosenberg, Texas 77471.
To register for a training course, contact Veronica Fernandez by email at Veronica.Fernandez@fortbendcountytx.gov to schedule an appointment, or 281-341-8695. You must be registered in order to attend this class. Absolutely no walk-ins are allowed. Students arriving late may be turned away.For more information, view the Texas Secretary of State's Texas Volunteer Deputy Registrar Guide.