Thank you for your interest in becoming a Fort Bend County election worker. The work our volunteers do guarantees that our elections run honestly and efficiently.
Deadline for submitting Poll Worker Application August 19, 2023.
Download / Print
- Poll Worker Application [PDF]
- Must be a registered voter of Fort Bend County.
- Must have transportation to your assigned polling location.
- Must complete required training.
- May not be an elected public official or a candidate for office.
Election Workers arrive at the polling place at 6:00 AM on election days and must remain until the polls are closed and results are called in or transported to Election Central. Polling places for election day are always open 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM. Early voting hours vary from election to election.
We have senior citizens and baby-boomers; professionals, self-employed individuals and retirees. This creates a highly diverse workforce, just like Fort Bend County. We are also looking for workers who, in addition to being fluent in English, can speak other languages, especially Spanish. If you are fluent in another language, please indicate this on the Poll Worker Application form.
Election workers are paid for the days they work during the election process. Training is paid provided the poll workers work at least a day of election.
- Complete the Poll Worker Application form and e-mail it to email@example.com or,
- Print the completed form and mail to:
Elections Department/Poll Workers
301 Jackson Street
Richmond, Texas 77469 or,
- Fax completed form to 281-341-4418.