Vote by Mail
If you are a registered voter of Fort Bend County, you may be able to vote by mail if any of the following conditions would prevent you from going to the polls.
Expected absence from the County during both the early voting period and on Election Day.
(These ballots may only be mailed to an address outside of Fort Bend County.)
Expecting to give birth within 3 weeks before, or after, Election Day.
65 years of age or older
Confinement in jail and not finally convicted of a felony
You must make a written request for a ballot by mail. In applying, you must:
- State the address at which you are registered to vote.
- NEW REQUIREMENT: Provide your Texas Driver’s License, Texas Personal Identification Number. Or Election Certificate Number issues by the Department of Public Safety (Not your Voter certificate or VUID number)
- Provide the address to which you want the ballot mailed. If the ballot is not being mailed outside the County, nor to the address at which you are registered, then you must provide a description of that such as nursing home, hospital, etc.
- Give one of the reasons listed above for requesting a ballot.
- You must sign the application with pen & ink. Electronic, or facsimile signatures are not accepted.
- If you are unable to sign the application due to physical disability or illiteracy, the application may be signed by a witness.
- If someone assists you in completing the application or mails the application for you, they must sign as an assistant.
Voters applying due to their absence from the county will need to submit an application for each election. The exception is that an application may cover both a Primary Election and a resulting Runoff. Persons who are applying for a Ballot by Mail based upon age or disability may make an annual application that will allow them to receive a ballot in all elections in which they are entitled to vote. These applications may be submitted any time after January 1 of each year, but expire at the end of that year. All applications must be signed. Applications must be received by this office no later than the 11th day before Election Day. All voted ballots that are returned on, or before, Election Day will be counted. Voted ballots received not later than 5:00 p.m. on the day after the election will also be counted if mailed before Election Day. Ballots received on the day after an election must be clearly postmarked on or before Election Day. Voted ballots mailed from outside the United States may be counted if clearly postmarked on or before Election Day and received by the Elections Administrator not later than the fifth day after Election Day.
Applications may be submitted by mail, fax, or as an email attachment. If the application is submitted by fax or email, the applicant must also submit the ORIGINAL application BY MAIL not later than the 4th business day after submitting the faxed or emailed application.
All applications must be signed in pen & ink.
Fort Bend County Elections
301 Jackson Street
Richmond, TX 77469
Voters may personally deliver their application on or before the 11th day before an election to:
Fort Bend County Elections
4520 Reading Road, Suite A-400
Rosenberg, TX 77471
Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.