What To Expect At A Property/Foreclosure Sale
(These are general guidelines that may change without notice.)
Public Access Search Instructions
- Choose Foreclosures > Search Foreclosures
- Choose Document Type: FORECLOSURE
- Click Search
Property sales are held the first Tuesday of each month and generally commence at 10:00 AM. On February 4, 2014, Commissioners Court ordered that the location for property sales would change beginning May 2014 until further notice. The new location will be the Fort Bend County Travis Building, at 301 Jackson St., Richmond, Texas 77469, First Floor Meeting Room. Bidder is responsible for all property research. All sales are without warranty as to the size, location and condition of the property, as well as any claims against the property. All Constable Deeds are Quit Claim Deeds.
All sales and resales are FINAL.
Terms: Cash or Certified Bank Check at sale.
All tax foreclosure sales, regardless of the law firm executing the foreclosure, are advertised in the legal notice section of the Fort Bend Sun newspaper once per week starting approximately 3 weeks prior to the foreclosure sale.
PCT. 2 CONSTABLE
PCT. 3 CONSTABLE
- The deputy gathers information on the successful buyer and runner up.
- Successful bidder is given a limited amount of time to submit cash or cashier’s check to the Constable’s office.
- The tax attorney prepares a deed and sends it to the Constable to sign.
- The deed is prepared in a reasonable period of time.
- If the $13 for the first page plus $4 for each additional page of the deed filing fee is included in the bid, the Constable’s office files the deed with the County Clerk’s office. Otherwise, the deed is returned to the tax attorney for filing on behalf of buyer, who is responsible to file the deed, pay the filing fee and send a copy of the deed to the Fort Bend Central Appraisal District.
**Although any person can make a bid on the day of the sale, the deed will not be issued until proof is shown that all Fort Bend County property taxes have been paid in full to the Tax Assessor-Collector.