Congratulations! Your wedding ceremony is a special occasion. Judge McCollum is honored to officiate your wedding, and will make every effort to ensure it is memorable for both of you and your family.
Weddings may be performed by appointment or walk-in as Court Scheduling permits. Additionally, in some circumstances, she may be able to accommodate weddings at private venues outside the courthouse. If you wish to make an appointment or walk-in, please contact Mandy Richards at (281) 341-4446 or by email at [email protected].
All couples must present the following items on their wedding day:
- Valid Identification;
- A Texas Marriage License; and
- Have waited 72 hours, or you have presented the Judge with an Application for Waiver of the Seventy-Two Hour Waiting Period.
You may obtain a marriage license through the Fort Bend County Clerk, located at 301 Jackson St, Richmond, Texas 77469. Questions regarding marriage licenses should be directed to the Fort Bend County Clerk’s Office at (281) 341-8685. You can find more information here:
Weddings are performed during normal business hours of the Fort Bend County Justice Center in Courtroom 2-B, County Court at Law No. 2. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled wedding. Late arrivals may result in the delay of the wedding.
If you are ready to schedule your wedding, please contact Ms. Richards to check the Judge’s calendar. Congratulations again on your engagement and special day.
General Information for the Wedding:
- The Judge is only able to perform weddings in English.
- Photography and video (professional or not) are welcome and encouraged!
- Official witnesses are not required. Family and friends are invited and welcome!
- The Court will allow the married couple up to 15 minutes after the ceremony for pictures.
- The Court will accommodate parties of up to 30 people.
- No wedding decorations are allowed in the courtroom.
- You may obtain a wedding license in any county in the state of Texas, and get married in any county in the state of Texas.
- You must marry within ninety (90) days of the date that your marriage license is issued.
- All questions related to the filing of the marriage certificate should be directed to the Fort Bend County Clerk’s Office.