First, Congratulations to you and your future spouse! Weddings are a special day. Judge Wallace considers it an honor to be asked to officiate any wedding, and she makes every effort to ensure the day is special for you and your family.
Weddings can be by appointment or walk-in. Please be aware that walk-ins wedding requests are handled as the Judge’s Court schedule permits. In some circumstances, she may be able to accommodate weddings at private venues outside the courthouse. If you wish to schedule a wedding by appointment or walk-in, please contact Jenica Salazar at 281-238-1995 or email [email protected]
- All couples must present the following items on their wedding day:
- Valid Identification;
- A Texas Marriage License; and
- Have waited 72 hours, or you have presented the Judge with an Application for Waiver of the Seventy-Two Hour Waiting Period.
- You may obtain a marriage license through the Fort Bend County Clerk, located at 301 Jackson St, Richmond, Texas 77469. Questions regarding marriage licenses should be directed to the Fort Bend County Clerk’s Office at (281) 341-8685. You can find more information here: Marriage Licenses - Fort Bend County Clerk's Office
- After you have obtained your license, you may contact Mrs. Salazar to check the Judge’s calendar and schedule an appointment or walk-in for your wedding ceremony.
- Courthouse weddings during office hours | $150.00
- Courthouse weddings outside office hours | Price varies
- Private Venue wedding | Price varies
Payments must be made in cash.
- Weddings are performed during normal business hours of the Fort Bend County Justice Center in Courtroom 2-E, County Court at Law No. 4. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled wedding. Late arrivals may result in the delay of the wedding.
- Photography and video (professional or otherwise) is allowed and memories are encouraged.
- Official witnesses are not required. Family and friends are invited!
- The Court will allow the married couple up to 15 minutes after the ceremony for pictures
- The Court will accommodate parties of up to 60 people.
- No wedding decorations are allowed in the courtroom.
- You must marry within ninety (90) days of the date that your marriage license is issued.
- Please understand that the wedding may be occurring in a courtroom atmosphere and please respect that you may be entering an active courtroom.
- You can purchase your license in any county in the state of Texas and get married in any county in the state of Texas.
- After your wedding ceremony, it is your responsibility to file your marriage license with the appropriate County Clerk.