Congratulations on your engagement and special day. The Judge is honored to be asked to officiate your wedding, and he will do everything in his power to ensure it is a special day for both of you.
Weddings are performed by appointment only. Unfortunately, the Judge does not accommodate walk-ins due to his Court schedule. In some circumstances, he may be able to accommodate weddings at private venues outside the courthouse. If you wish to make an appointment, please contact Ms. Sarah Toler at (832) 471-2822 or by emailing her at [email protected].
All couples must present the following items on their wedding day:
- Valid Identification;
- A Texas Marriage License; and
- Have waited 72 hours, or you have presented the Judge with an Application for Waiver of the Seventy-Two Hour Waiting Period.
You may obtain a marriage license through the Fort Bend County Clerk, located at 301 Jackson St, Richmond, Texas 77469. Questions regarding marriage licenses should be directed to the Fort Bend County Clerk’s Office at (281) 341-8685. You can find more information here:
Weddings are performed during normal business hours of the Fort Bend County Justice Center in Courtroom 2-C, County Court at Law No. 1. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled wedding. Late arrivals may result in the delay of the wedding.
If you are ready to schedule your wedding, please contact Ms. Toler to check the Judge’s calendar. Congratulations again on your engagement and special day.
General Information for the Wedding:
- The Judge is only able to perform weddings in English
- Photography and video (professional or not) are welcome and encouraged
- The Court will allow the married couple up to 15 minutes after the ceremony for pictures
- The Court will accommodate parties of up to 30 people
- The Court will not allow bird seed or other items to be tossed on the married couple after the ceremony
- No wedding decorations are allowed in the courtroom
- You must marry within ninety (90) days of the date that your marriage license is issued
- All questions related to the filing of the marriage certificate are to be directed to the Fort Bend County Clerk’s Office