Frequently Asked Questions

Click each question below for answers to the most commonly asked questions. Please feel free to call the Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office at 281-341-8788 or email for more information.

Expand/Contract Questions and Answers
A:  If the individual goes missing and is reported by the parent/guardian, information about his/her physical appearance, the most likely places where he/she would go to, as well as triggers, stimulants, and de-escalation techniques will be sent to all law enforcement in the area to look for the missing person.
A:  Yes, please let the dispatcher know that the individual is registered in the Take Me Home program. In doing so, the information will be immediately disseminated to law enforcement.

A:  If you have registered with a valid email address, you will be notified annually on the anniversary of the enrollment.

A:  You may. However, only information that has a significant impact on policing response will be necessary. Some examples would include a change in address or emergency contact. If you have registered online, you can access your account via your email address and password to make the changes and re-submit.

A:  Only approved Law Enforcement Officers within Fort Bend County who require this information in the performance of their duties will have access to the information. There are strict regulations with respect to accessing and disseminating information.

A:  Not immediately. The enrollment will need to be reviewed by the program staff prior to being made available to law enforcement. The delay should be minimal.

A:  Yes – When you enroll online you will be directed to submit a photo. Passport style photos taken from the shoulders up work best.

A:  The registry has been developed with the intent to serve all members of our community who may find their communication abilities challenged or ineffective when interacting with law enforcement.

Dial 9-1-1 for emergencies only
Non-emergencies 281-341-4665
To report information on a current investigation call 281-341-4686.To report an anonymous tip call 281-341-TIPS (8477).